Friday, September 30, 2005

Greetings from me to you!

It's Friday, the exact time right now is 5:47 pm, and I figured that's a great time for a new blog update. Not that the fact that it's Friday or now 5:48 pm makes any difference. Just looking for a good first line to kick off this entry.

Okay. I thought I'd give you a little update on what's coming up on the Stargate: Horizon front. Two episodes of Season Two have aired; 22 more to go. Next weeks all new episode "Connection" is one of my favorites actually. While the opening two-parter had the difficult task of introducing the new season, and the new elements, "Connection" will be the first episode that really underlines the more "classic Stargate setting" that this season will see. Basically you could say it's a "trouble with the gate" episode. What kind of trouble, and how or if that will be somehow fixed, I can't tell you at this very moment. That is, I could...but I won't. I'm sure you wouldn't want to know anyway, since it would only spoil the surprise for you.

"Connection" will also feature the introduction of another new recurring character. This character will be another nice addition to the cast, and he'll bring along something that will make the show a bit more edgy, which is something we felt we needed to go for this season. Suffice it to say, he's not always on the same page as most of our characters are. He's not a bad guy, he just tends to look at things in a bit of a different light. Some of you might know who this character is. He's been cast with none other than Keith Hamilton Kobb from Andromeda. However, he has very short hair now. When looking at the cast, I find myself thinking it's a shame we don't get to see them playing the characters (other than the way we picture it of course). I think they'd each be perfect for their respective characters. Just check out the character written for Keith. What I really like about this character is, as I mentioned, that he's not always on the same page as everyone else. So, there'll be situations coming up, where we'll find some disagreements, and some debates over who's right and who's wrong.

Right now I'm working on the outline for an episode called "The Fantastic Three," and it's a great deal of fun. I think you have to love the concept of this episode. After having only the teaser and the first two acts outlined, I can already say it's definitely the funniest episode we've done so far. Knowing the premise, you'll look at the title in a whole new light. And to be honest, when I first thought of this title for that particular story, I couldn't help but laugh. It's great. I hope you'll enjoy reading the episode as much as I enjoy working on it.

Let me see if I can give you a subtle little hint. You could say the episode is definitely a sequel to a Season One episode of Horizon. That particular Season One episode had it's funny moments as well, by the way. And, if we were a television show, I imagine I would have already spoken to the great Patrick McKenna about this and that. Well, now you'll just have to figure out who Patrick McKenna is, and what he's got to do with Stargate. Then, feel free to speculate. As usual, interpret what I say in any way you like.

Other updates are an episode called "Parti Pris." Our latest addition to the writing staff, Mike Coakley, is currently working on the first draft for this one, and it's looking to become another great episode. I say this only because that's my true opinion. I'm pretty excited about the upcoming episodes, and the stories we're telling.

Things in the art department have been going a bit slower than expected. I feel I have to apologize for making you think we'd be having something visual by now. We hope it'll be ready soon. It's a lot of work of course, so it's understandable that the people working on it can't just have it ready over night. I do think it's worth the wait, especially since the CG models of Horizon and the Valiant will be the official designs for the station and ship respectively.

The 24 update: Have started re-watching Season Two. Am currently at episode 2.08. Have watched one episode per day over the last few days. Have again realized that Season Two is great. Will be continuing the re-watching process, and will keep you up to date on it.

Diet Pepsi: I love it! It's really good, and the great thing is, it's got a very low amount of calories. Isn't that nice?

Nutella: The same as Diet Pepsi, except for the low amount of calories part. But that's okay.

What else? It's now 6:11 pm. However, I was away for a brief moment because someone was at the front door. One of our neighbors. Isn't it fascinating what can happen during a blog update? It happend between the 24 and Diet Pepsi segment, and if I wouldn't let you know, you would have never noticed.

Well, I think that should be it for now. All viewers in the US, including me, now have the "pleasure" of enjoying re-runs of SG-1, Atlantis, and BSG. But, just think of the bright side: there are lots of all new episodes of Horizon coming up over the next few weeks. And I'll be keeping you up to date on the behind the scenes developments, along with 24 reports of course.

Speaking of behind the scenes, I'll be starting on the new Making Of installment tonight, to ensure it will be ready for release on Sunday. And I'll be getting back to "The Fantastic Three." I have to figure out a couple of upcoming twists. Once I've got those straightened out, the rest of the outline should be done pretty soon. Can't wait to get to the script.

Have a great weekend everyone! I'll talk to you later!

Alex

2 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Windows Marketplace Labs: More Than Just Digital Locker
My Account | There's more cooking in the Windows Marketplace Labs than just the recently announced ... But will the Redmondians be able to convince a whole new cadre of programmers to sign up?
Hey, nice info! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a bad credit site. It pretty much covers bad credit related stuff.

Come by and check it out later :-)

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Elite Anubis Guard said...

Nice article...I'm sure you're thinking of bringing Felger back...so I bet it will turn into something funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home