Thursday, July 14, 2005

Tomorrow, tomorrow...

So tomorrow is the day. That one special day. Zero Hour. The moment of truth. The day on which all that we've come to know is about to change. The day where you get up in the morning, and you realize: "Yeah, that's today". That Friday in July. The one day...okay, you think I'm going to far with this? Maybe you're right.

What I'm talking about is that tomorrow the new seasons of both Stargate SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis, as well as Battlestar Galactica, premiere in North America. The day. Tomorrow. I think after the episodes have aired, I might offer one or two comments on them in this blog, but don't worry, they will be completely spoiler free. Hey, as if I'm actually going to give away spoilers. I never do that. Never have, never will.

A funny thing happened this week. It kind of was a strange timing actually. You should know that the remote control of my video recorder is broke. Wouldn't be too big of a deal, if I wouldn't have to re-program it in order to get all the channels back on it, because I accidentally pulled the plug the other day. For some reason, whenever the electricity is gone (which it is if you pull the plug), you have to get all the programs back on the video recorder, in order for being able of taping something. That also wouldn't be too big a deal, if you were able to do that without the remote control; but you need the remote control for that, because the necessary controls aren't on the video recorder itself. That would be way too easy.

So you might see where this is going...Obviously I will be recording these new episodes tomorrow; however, it seems I will be forced to buy a new remote control first. That's no problem because I'll have to buy empty video tapes tomorrow anyway (I kind of do things last minute sometimes). But even if I weren't to buy a new remote control, I could just borrow the one my grandparents have, because they happen to have the same video recorder I have. But I figured...why not spend some more money, and buy a new one. Well, that's kind of a funny story, but it's the truth. I'll let you know how the new remote control thing turns out.

Now, I've been asking myself recently: why is it that every now and then you think you might have come up with a really good concept for an episode, and a second later you realize that something quite similar has been done on Star Trek before? Well, it happens every now and then. It actually happened this week, as I thought of a possible concept for a Season Two episode of Horizon. Those were only some very early thoughts for a possible story in which we learn a bit more about the fate of the Draque. But at the same time I noticed a bit of a parallel to a really great DS9 episode. As I was talking to Joe about it, he also realized the parallel, and we both realized: "Okay, it's too similar". It's a bit of a shame, because we do like the basic concept. Maybe in time we'll find a way to change it, spin it in a different direction in order to make it work. Either way, this does not mean we don't have a really nice idea for the Draque (there might even be a chance this idea involves our favorite Draque character, Sivok). So "Draque Story" is definitely an episode we will be seeing throughout the first half of the second season.

We've also been having some thoughts on an episode, which should just be some great fun. It will be a light-hearted comedic episode, and let's just say...two familiar characters (Horizon or Stargate in general) will be in that episode, and they will be "haunting" Chase. I can't say too much about it, but honestly, alone the thought of the episode makes me laugh. That's the "Fabulous Three" idea, which no doubt has the potential of turning out to being the funniest episode of Horizon yet. And humor has always had quite a presence on our show, just as on our fellow televised cousins.

I'm still working on the new version of "Condition One" (f.k.a. "A Time To Rise, Part Two"). The title might be changing because it focuses only on one of the two storylines of the episode. But there are two major storylines going on parallel to each other. I mentioned this in the previous post, condition one refers to something that's going on inside Vorian space. It's basically a code, letting people know...well, that something is about to happen any second now.

In addition to our new main character D.C., who I think is turning out to being a wonderful character, we also have a new recurring character, who's a great addition to the show as well. I'll be letting you about more about him soon. Suffice it to say that he brings in a lot of humor just because he's...well, kind of a strange guy, but he's also there, on Horizon, for a very good reason. He's from Earth. Eventually I'll also let you know a bit more about our new sets which we will be introducing in Season Two. You'll be seeing some parts of the station we've never seen before because they haven't been in use during Season One. You'll definitely get a much better idea of the enormous scale of Horizon; it's a gigantic station, after all.

I'll leave you with the notion of that. Now, to all of you who live inside North America, may you too be aware of the incredible significance of tomorrow. To everyone who has to wait a little while longer, I'll say don't worry; very soon "tomorrow" will come to you. Can I say it like that?

Well, that's it for now. I'll be talking to you all later.

Alex

2 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, now you've only made waiting until tomorrow worse. :D

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Elite Anubis Guard said...

Gah, you think thats bad. I have to wait till october....fracking october...stupid usa.

Anyway nice blog, I look forward to the season2 opener soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home