Monday, January 30, 2006

Blog Wars - Episode... Unknown (but either 29 or 758): Return of the Blogger, Part Two

Sorry for not having been around for new updates too much lately, but things have been quite crazy once again. I did want to stop by for a brief update on latest events. So, here goes...

I'm happy to say that three new staff members have joined the Horizon team. You'll be getting to know them a bit more soon. Two of them have come aboard as new writers, Patricia and Vincent. And the third one is in fact our concept artist, Peter. Looks like once new episodes start to air in March, we'll actually be having some concept art to go along with them. We had a big staff meeting today, and Peter will be getting started on two starship designs, one of them will be a new version of a familiar ship class, the other will be something completely new.

I've finished outlines for both "Night Terrors" and "The Adversary". Will be finishing the "Zach Story" outline this week. After that, I'll be entering a great writing marathon during which I'll be writing these three episodes back to back. I did some research on dreams and the different stages of sleep for "Night Terrors", which should turn out to be a fun episode. I like the concept a lot. "The Adversary" will be an episode in which Grant gets to do some great "action hero stuff". I know Kiefer loves doing these kind of things. And "Zach Story" will be an episode for Zach Hoffmann to shine in. But of course he always shines. He's Zach Hoffmann, after all.

Mike has turned in his first draft of "Convergence", the episode in which an old friend finally returns to Horizon. We broke the "David/Grace Episode" today, and Mike has started the outline for that one. Looking quite good. It's one of those "grace episodes", but with yet a new spin to it. Next in line is the "Tom Episode" which we'll get to breaking on Thursday, after which Vincent will be writing the outline and after that the script. We've been considering ideas for those other bad guys, who aren't all bad guys. We haven't decided on anything specific yet. And, we've been putting together ideas for the big season finale. And what can I say... this will be quite a big one. There'll be this one scene we discussed, and it will just be... I can't say anything more. Seriously.

We're five episodes into Season Five of 24. What a great show. Can't wait for episode 5.06 tomorrow night. I'm finally getting around to completing my SG-1 DVD collection. I picked up Season Four on Friday; haven't started watching it yet, though. I also figured it was time to add to the movie collection -- it's been a while. I picked up Batman Begins, as well as the soundtrack -- the original motion picture score. Great movie which I saw when it came out. In fact, I'm sure I mentioned something about it in this blog; must have been around June last year. Can't believe I've been blogging for this long already. Time just flies by when you're blogging. I love blogging. Have you ever tried blogging? It's great to blog. Blogging. Gotta love that word.

Well, I'll have to keep this entry a little shorter, because it's time for me to call it a night. Gotta get up early tomorrow and go do some work on that other job that I have. When I come home I'll be back to working on my Horizon-related job. That's how these things work. I'm still re-watching Season Four of 24 on DVD, by the way. But only two more episodes to go.

Oh, and I almost forgot (how could I?). We've renamed parts two and three of the mid-season three parter: "Path of Revelation, Part One" and "Path of Revelation, Part Two". So, it's kind of a two part conclusion to a three episode arc. Is it a three parter or a two parter, you might ask. I guess technically... it's both. Depends on how you look at it. It's relative... very relative.

Well, that's it for tonight. Until next time.

Alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home