Wednesday, January 24, 2007

January 24, 2007







So here we are again. I know what you're thinking -- "he only updated his blog yesterday, and now he's back already?! This wasn't supposed to happen for at least five weeks!!!" But what can I say? I like to be unpredictable, so here I am. I believe this is the first time I'm blogging two days in a row. And I must say I'm very proud of this achievement.

Today's pictures give you a look at my regular trip to work, as well as my kitchen (giving you some more insight into things). The lack of reactions to the previous blog only leads me to believe that many of you haven't even seen it yet. But that in no way prevents me from blogging yet again; you don't know what you're missing -- not just talking about pictures.

Let's start with a report of what we did yesterday. After I had posted yesterday's blog, I went on to work on "Together We Stand." I was realizing that the script was getting way too long, so I had to cut some scenes from the teaser, which is now down to seven pages. It used to be eleven pages long. I haven't finished the first draft yet, but will be doing that today. I know there've been a lot of talks about this episode, and I think once it airs it'll become more clear why that's the case. It's just a very powerful and dramatic story, which at its core is about exploring how war can change a character. Meaning we get to see how some characters learn to deal with war. We have three great guest characters in this episode, but we also get a look at how some of our regular characters deal with the situations they face in the episode, and how that might have an impact on their behaviours. Some great Callen moments. I'm loving the Lenori bonds with this-other-particular-character beats. And here's a surprise for ya: this will also be a very big episode for Zach Hoffmann.

When it was getting close to one o'clock, I decided that it would be a good time to eat something. So I rose from my chair to move over to the refrigerator (in the back on the left hand side of the third picture), grabbed a TV dinner, placed it in the microwave (on the right hand side of the same picture), turned on the microwave, and waited patiently until the TV dinner was done. I then moved over to the nearby table (from where the picture in question was taken), and as I was eating my lunch (with a Diet Pepsi), I listened to the latest GateWorld interview with Amada Tapping.

Eventually I decided it was time to get back to work, so I did. Worked some more on "Together We Stand," while contemplating whether or not to drive to a nearby store to finally purchase Season Nine of SG-1. Tried to do that last Saturday actually, but shockingly they were sold out.

Eventually, I made the decision. After having written several scenes featuring various interesting little character interactions, I once more rose from my chair, quickly got ready, and proceeded to my car. And despite the bad weather (raining), I drove to the store only to realize that they still hadn't gotten Season Nine in again. But I was determined not to return home empty-handed; I knew I hadn't gone through all that bad weather in vain -- that was something I was not willing to accept.

So I proceeded to a nearby shopping mall, commonly referred to as the Galleria (also happens to be where my "other job" is located). Once I arrived there, I immediately headed to another store, and was pleased to find a shining little Season Nine DVD boxset. I reacted accordingly, and quickly grabbed it. Part of me knew I had to proceed to the register and check out quickly before the temptations would overwhelm me; however, it was too late already. As usually when in a store which is filled with an endless amount of DVDs and CDs, I couldn't help but have a look around, and suddenly my eyes fell on some Seinfeld DVD sets. Or to be precise, it caught my attention that they were selling them for merely $24.99. After a few brief moments of contemplating my next steps, I decided to act instead of thinking about it too much longer. And I picked up Volume One, which contains Seasons One and Two of Seinfeld.

I checked out, and made my way back to the parking garage to conclude what I considered a successful mission. And then the voyage home began. As so often I hadn't taken into consideration that it was around five fifteen -- the time where traffic on the roads is so heavy that it makes you wonder if all people living in the area decided purposely to get together for a nice and cozy little standing around idle on the freeway, and every so often actually moving along at a snail's pace. But anyway, I accepted this, knowing deep down that having purchased these DVD sets was worth the effort. As I was in danger of becoming frustrated by the heavy traffic, I reminded myself of how much fun it would be to not only enjoy some great moments of TV on DVD, my mind also was on the fantastic special features that really make buying a DVD worth it -- at least for me.

When I finally arrived back home, I was back at the computer. Did some more work, but nothing too heavy. My dad stopped by to borrow the tape that contains the latest episode of 24. When handing it to him, I was careful not to reveal any of the latest surprises and twists that had occurred on that wonderful show. I then spent the early evening doing some revising of the scenes I had written that day, I listened in when the president gave his state of the union address, and I talked to Mike on MSN.

As it was about eleven o'clock, I called it a night, and proceeded to enjoy some of the DVDs that I had purchased earlier in the day. I watched parts of a Seinfeld audio commentary, but decided to watch the actual episodes first. I then took some SG-1 DVDs, and listened to the insightful audio commentaries for "Avalon, Parts One and Two," and watched two additional special features. A profile on Brad Wright, and an installment of the SG-1 director's series: "Crusade" with Robert C. Cooper. All features were insightful as well as entertaining.

When I realized that it was two a.m., I thought about grabbing a couple of hours of sleep before getting back to work -- and I did. I wish I could remember what I dreamed, but I can't unfortunately. I always like remembering dreams actually, but I find that I only do remember them occasionally. I tend to remember the exceptionally weird ones.

I got up at eight a.m. Proceeded to grab some breakfast. I forgot to buy coffee yesterday, but I'm enjoying some more Red Bull. And before getting to work I decided to blog yet again, and inform those of you who are reading this of my latest adventures. And with that... the circle is complete.

Stay tuned, as I will return shortly with a report on day four of the vacation week!

Until then,
Alex

2 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this blob is so boring and it has to mush info i love stargate but the new cast memeber is not stargate material as iam sure other people would agrea but keep thing short and simple as this only part of my project on bloging for college and it is all my pasion
but thanks for tying to my a blog
have a nice day

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Alex said...

Wow! I can't believe it! A comment!!!!!!

No, this can't be true. I MUST be imagening this! I knew there was something strange in that drink; they claimed it was a Diet Pespsi, but I knew there was something very odd about it.

But anyway. Glad to hear you hated the blog. Always great to know that people felt excruciating agony over something you did to torture someone in one way or another. So I'm really glad to hear it worked.

I will do my best to make the next entry even more agonizing.

Let me know how you hated it once you've read it!

Thanks a lot!

Alex

 

Post a Comment

<< Home