Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Alright, folks. Things have been a little quiet around here lately, but starting with today that shall change. There haven't been too many comment on the message boards, which might have to do with the little fact that not too much info has been unveiled lately. So brace yourselves; I'm back with a new blog, and tons of information. Or shall we say some minor spoilers.

Initially I was planning on posting this blog last night, but I ended up just being too tired. So here I am today, sitting here with a cup of coffee (black), and typing away the latest info on things happening beyond the horizon. Seeing as I'm off today from my other job, it'll be a busy day here. We only have about five weeks to get episode 3.10 ready, so my main focus today will be on that one. And after having considered various titles for it, the latest one is definitely my favorite. We've been keeping it in the dark for some time now, but I think now is a good time to let you in. The continuation of "Resurfacing" shall be called... "...Shall We Not Revenge?" And I must say, this is one of my favorite episode titles so far. Work on this one is a little crazy, because it was tricky to work out. So I'm still finishing up the outline, while I actually already wrote the teaser and act one of the script. Not the way you normally do it, but hey, whatever works.

Another priority today will be to finally get that first draft of "Countdown" ready and turned in, that being episode 3.11. This one was also difficult to work out, mainly because it needs to balance the Zach/Jerry storyline with the David/Tom/Barrett plot. And because of time constraints I was forced to drop an entire subplot, which I had initially considered for this episode. But come to think of it, it works better this way anyway.

Well, those are episodes ten and eleven. But why don't we venture a little further ahead? As it happens, I've already finished the first draft for 3.15 last week, and it's called "The Inner Voice." I think it's a great episode for Chase, in which we finally get some insight into his background, and in which an old friend makes a second appearance this season. At least... sort of.

We have an outline for 3.14, and Vincent will be writing the script for this one. This will be a nice team episode, focusing on Grant's character. But I also particularly like the Sivea/Christine and Tom/Yusuf moments. The original title for this one was "Death's Chariot," which was revealed some time ago. But since then we've changed it to "Adrift."

This coming weekend I'll be getting started on the script for 3.16. The outline's done, and we're all very happy with it. I will say this: this will not be a typical episode. It's about a rescue mission behind enemy lines, characters in a hopeless situation, and all the other horrors of war. And since we're giving away titles today... this one is called "Together We Stand." And dare I say, it's looking to be quite a memorable episode.

We're also working on outlines for 3.17 and 3.18. 3.17 being a Tom episode, for which - if we were shooting the show - a great deal of scenes would be shot on the Atlantis sets. 3.18 will be our very first time travel episode that doesn't involve direct time travel; it's also a great episode for Christine. It came out of a story concept that Joe Hodkiss pitched last season. The current story doesn't have too much to do with that anymore, but it still keeps one basic element, which I really couldn't give away just yet. But let's just say we'll be seeing A LOT of Christine in this episode. Really more than ever before.

And 3.19 only exists in form of a story document so far, but it'll be another great episode, which Mike will be writing once he finishes the mid season two parter. This one will be a Lenori episode. And we've been discussing bringing back a character, whom we haven't seen since the first half of Season Two.

Well, there you have it. Just look at all the information I've been giving away here. Perhaps I should be doing all of these blogs in the mornings from now on; I seem to be more generous at this time of day.

Some other things on the agenda for today would be for me to get back to some of our potential new concept artists. There's three of them, of which I'm pretty sure they'll b joining the team. And this time I've got a good feeling, meaning we might actually get something done in that area this time around. I should also get back with Justin, a composer we've been talking to about doing a main title theme for us.

But now, FINALLY, let me get to the question, which I'm sure all of you are wondering about. And the answer that is... not yet. But I will on Friday. The question obviously being: have I already picked up Season Five of 24 on DVD. So that I'll do on Friday, and I can't wait. Currently I'm still in the midst of DS9 Season Five, just watched what's perhaps one of the best two parters of all times last night.

Oh, and I'm not sure what's more shocking. The fact that I forgot to post a question for the Get In The Gate Contest last week, or the fact that no one mentioned anything. But either way, I'll be posting two questions later today. And, of course, I'll be doing the podast for "My Enemy's Enemy" at that latest tomorrow. Speaking of which, I'm getting the feeling that some of you aren't listening to them, because you think they're just as horrible as the ones for "Path of Revelation." Well, let me just tell you: you don't know what you're missing. The problem with the "Path of Revelation" commentaries was that they went on for too long, and I think they were a little repetitive. Also, I wasn't an experienced podcaster as I am now. These latest podcasts contain some interesting facts, concerning the creation of the story. I think especially for those of you working on your own virtual series, it could be interesting to get some insight into this, to see how we do things over here. But it's up to you, of course. One thing's for sure, the podcasts ain't going anywhere. Whether you choose to listen to them, or if you prefer to ignore them.

Well, I think that covers just about everything for now. Definitely looking forward to seeing what you think of "My Enemy's Enemy," which is one of my favorite episodes of this season actually. I think this is one of Mike's best episodes yet; from the day we first started talking about the story, I loved it. It's got some great character moments (Sivea/Sonak as well as one of my favorite Grant/Sivea scenes), some unexpected twists, more shades of gray than ever, and some nice action sequences.

And with that said, I'll talk to you later!
Alex

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home